Lavender is one of the most beneficial and versatile essential oils in the world today. Hailed for its antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative, calming and anti-depressive properties, the use of lavender for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes dates back thousands of years. The Egyptians used lavender as a perfume. The Romans used lavender oil for bathing, cooking and air purification, and in Biblical times, the oil was used for healing purposes.
It is because of these natural healing and calming properties that lavender is such a popular ingredient in a wide variety of household and personal care products, which is why we chose it as one of the four signature fragrances in our Waft range.
Here are our 8 Top Reasons to Love Lavender:
- It rejuvenates the skin – With its antiseptic and antifungal properties, it has helped treat skin problems for centuries.
- It eases anxiety and insomnia – Scientific evidence suggests aromatherapy with lavender may be as effective in soothing the nervous system as some pharmaceutical relaxants.
- It aids digestion – Your stomach has as many nerves as your brain so it’s no surprise lavender can help to calm the digestive system.
- It smooths cellulite – Lavender improves circulation, tones the skin, prevents stretch marks and dispels fluid retention, helping reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- It relieves headaches and pain – Gentle massage with lavender oil not only melts away body tension but is an effective way to relieve pain from headaches, sore muscles, aches and sprains.
- It aids sleep – lavender’s relaxing properties can help you to drift off to sleep. Just rub a drop of lavender oil on your palms, and smooth onto your pillow. Alternatively, put a diffuser by your bed to help you wind down and improve sleep quality.
- It soothes stings– a drop of lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite can help to reduce itching, thereby assisting quick healing. The effect is maximised when lavender oil is combined with other essential oils, like cloves, cinnamon or tea tree oil.
- It eases skin conditions – lavender oil’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties can help to ease minor skin conditions and ailments when topically applied.
If you have lavender in your garden, there’s nothing more soothing than the smell of fresh lavender on a warm summer’s day. Its wonderful perfume induces an aura of calm, which you can now enjoy in your home with our Waft of Lavender Room Fragrance and Waft of Lavender Hemp Oil Soap. Made from natural ingredients, which are 98.5% organic, the Waft range of natural room fragrances and soaps is suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans and approved by the Vegan Society.
- Claire Price